Sunday, May 3, 2009

Un domingo en Ecuador

Sunday.

Church in Spanish! Yay! It was wonderful! I was so excited just to even get to sing the hymns in Spanish. So awesome. It was fast Sunday so it was also fun to hear how strong the testimonies of the members are all around the world. After church, I talked to this woman who had only been a member for two years. She had married one of the returned missionary men in the ward, and then gotten baptized, and here she was two years later super active. It made me excited for the new members I worked with in Spain. I asked if any of her family members were members of the Church yet and she said "no, but maybe someday." I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it filled me with hope for the spread of the gospel.

After church and a nap, we took a walk down the Malecon. It's a beautiful Boardwalk down the river here in Guayaquil. The river itself, is not so great. . . pretty brown and a little smelly; but the boardwalk is super pretty and fun. It's almost like a carnival, they have face painting stations, ice cream shops and little games: boat races, bumper cars for the kids (motorized jeep style, that I guess shouldn't ideally "bump") and little playgrounds. It was obviously made for tourism purposes, but a lot of the local families were hanging out there for the Sunday afternoon and it was fun.


Me and roomies McKell and Allie

1 comment:

Mardi said...

Cute hair, Katie!