Friday, May 1, 2009

Flight of the Fight Against the Piggy Flu

"Oh hey!" from Ecuador. First of all, please don't judge the greasiness of my face in this pic, but we couldn't help capitalize on the opportunity of catching the swine flu craze on film. However, this mask, sported by our new Ecuadorian friend, will supposedly block the virus; in contrast to the 33 million or so masks bought by England. Maybe we are being careless, but I figure if none of our nurse practitioner professors felt the need to sport the mask, I would throw all caution to the wind and jump off the cliff with them. It was funny though because there were like 15 or so people on our airplane with masks on. All of them had the useless kind on too, which made me just feel bad for them for being hot, sweaty and greasy under there for our 6 hour flight with no real benefit. Oh well, I think that it's just all going to be part of the fun.


So we landed last night. I personally enjoyed the flight. I slept all the way through the first one to Atlanta ("all the way" meaning I don't even remember us leaving the tarmac) and then laughed my way through Season 4 of The Office on the flight to Guayaquil.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Did your finish Season 4? Did you love it? I love it. Don't get swine flu.

alexandria said...

I love the end of season 4! Kiss a pig for us!