Thursday, June 10, 2010

Please be my Consumer Report

So I have decided to sell my car. It was actually a pretty sudden decision. I am moving to Boston in the fall and planned to take my X-Terra along with me, because I heard that especially as a nurse and working crazy hours, I will definitely still want a car. However, I think ever since my mom got her Camry hybrid and my little brother his Nissan Altima which both nearly double the gas mileage I get in my car, I have been a little jealous. So, even though I have totally LOVED my little beast, I think it is time to sell it and get a more gas friendly friend.

Okay now here is the part that concerns you. I am looking at Mazda 3s. I don't know why. I've never actually even ridden in one. I just think they are cute looking mostly and I know Mazda is a good brand. But I want to know if any of you out there own a Mazda 3 or 6 or know someone who does and whether you love, like or hate? OR do you have a gas-friendly car that you would recommend?

I probably won't start looking very seriously until I start getting offers on my car. But I am hoping that might be soon because I just posted it today on  kslcars.com and I don't even have pictures up yet and I have had 2 people contact me.

7 comments:

Battfam said...

Sorry, I have no advice, so I guess this is just a good luck on selling your car note. Also, "cute looking" is a good enough reason to buy a car, so you are probably on the right track.

kate said...

I know that "cute" probably isn't the best thing to go off of in picking out a car, but with the knowledge I have about what makes a car run (besides that when I step on the brake and turn the ignition at the same time something great usually seems to happen) it is a lot of what I go off of.

alexandria said...

2 of my co workers have Mazda 3's and both really like them and recommend them to others. And we are all commuters so that is something they agree with also.

alexandria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

I already told you what a Corolla fan I am, but I will tell you again.

Also Toyota is just a good reliable sort. (never mind the whole recall thing from a few months ago . . .)

LL said...

Aww I'll miss your little beast! I think Mazdas are cute too. That is about all I know. But I want to see when you get your new baby! (I am a closet car lover!! haha)

Kathleen said...

First I would like to bare my testimony about my new Yaris. It is SO awesome. Go test drive one. It feel plenty roomy inside and the gas mileage it out of this world good (for a non-hybrid). My friend Alissa owns a Mazda 6 and her husband has a Mazda 3. They bought the 6 brand new and love it. The Mazda 3 they bought used and it has been nothing but problems. They have bought it for $6000 and have put another $4500 into it so far. They did buy (in my opinion) a bad car, cause it had 120,000 on it, but anyway they haven't loved it. I test drove a corolla and thought I'd like it more, but I love Yaris. I feel like the interior is more spacious than a classic sedan, but I'm sure you will love whatever you get. And the gas mileage makes me sing, I've used half a tank now and have almost 200 miles. It hold 11.1 gallons, so I'm averaging about 35-38 mpg. Good luck:) Gotta love car shopping.