Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween in Indy

Yep, three posts in one day. It's Sunday so I'm not doing homework, and I am in Indianapolis so there aren't any sick or afflicted people I know around that I should be visiting.
So last night was Halloween. Possibly one of the most uneventful Halloween nights of my entire life, EXCEPT for the fact that on our way home from eating at the famous Irish Pub (notice I said EATING, not drinking; and we were with our 2 BYU PROFESSORS) across the street from our hotel, we passed a bar that had a security guard standing outside dressed in probably the most UN-PC Halloween costume I have ever seen!

He was dressed up all in Middle-Eastern attire, turban and all, and then had like 20 sticks of DYNAMITE strapped to his stomach!

I am not saying that I am the most PC person ever, and am actually probably far from being such. However, even I was somewhat appalled or at least found his little get-up quite jaw-dropping. I wonder what Mr. Obama would say. Tsk. Tsk.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That really is pretty shocking. I did not see anything so outrageous on Halloween.

Becca's Blog said...

Haaaaaaaaa that is totally not PC but kind of funny. I wish you had a picture of the actual guy.

And...here in Utah I didn't see anything like that. People are pretty PC here, but Halloween is still the holiday where Mormon girls think that for some reason it is okay to dress like total skanks and garments are optional. So Utah is weird too in its own way.

Battfam said...

Hey, I put you on my Friends and Fam list pronto after I got your scolding. Sorry I didn't do it before. I guess I always checked your blog, (until you took that long vacation and I'm glad you're back, BTW) by clicking on the link from some other family member's blog. It wasn't because I wasn't interested. Just an oversight, truly. About the luggage; sure we'll take hot pink. Bright colors look especially good in Brazil and people love them. Thanks for your offer. I'll get the project manager right on it.

P. S. Your trip looked fun and I'll bet your presentation was great.