Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ngorongoro Serena Lodge

Looking out over the crater from the deck of our room.
This lodge was pretty cool. It had a real cabin/hunting (NOT poaching, the catch and release kind maybe. . . can you do that with hunting? Anyway. . . ) feel to it. We again were welcomed in with warm moist towels (and with me being the little bit of a clean body person that I am, you have to understand that this is a major point winner for me) and some freshly squeezed orange juice. It was delicious, and that's saying something because I’m not usually a big juice lover.
The lodge’s location is also awesome because it sits on the edge of the crater and all of the rooms face out over the crater. I have to say that I still think that I liked Gibb’s farm a little better (not just because I was able to show up my brothers in cow milking) but maybe that also had to do with the fact that at this lodge we no longer were the only ones around. But this lodge was lovely and it was fun to have a new experience.

Toothless grin after C.J. nicknamed me "cheese-whiz" for smiling too big.

Relaxing around the fire after a "hard" day out on safari

With these binoculars you could see the animals down in the crater

A group of Masai youth that came into the lodge to do a dance before we ate dinner.

Apparently the higher the boys can jump, the more beautiful of a first wife he gets.


Eating another 5-course dinner.
Man. Life is rough on a safari.

The two love birds that made this whole journey possible.
Thanks Mom & Dad!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Life is rough on a safari. Awesome. Man, I want to go on a safari so bad! This looks amazing.

Jenny Thornton said...

Can't wait to hear about the Serengeti and Italy!!! Lovies

kate said...

I will do them Mom. Just for you. But remember how you were there with me??! Maybe you could write about them. . .

Jenny Thornton said...

Details, details