Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 23!!!

So it's my birthday today! And I have the best family and friends in the entire world who have all taken such good care of me today with treats, meals, gifts, calls, messages and all other fun birthday wishing methods. Thanks! Thanks!
Anyway, right now I am sitting in my Humanities class, obviously paying full attention, and I started thinking about how many fun and great opportunities I have had so far in my life and that led me to think about a few other things I want to do before I don't know, I have my 80th birthday or whatever (sorry this is not going to be great writing tonight because I am trying to pay at least half attention to my class)
Anyway, I came up with a list, which I am sure I will soon add things to but for right now here are a few things I want to do in the days, months and if it has to be so. . . years to come:

  • Be in New York for New Year’s Eve and see the ball drop
  • Go to a poetry reading where snapping of fingers is happening
  • Paint something that I am proud of
  • Take an oil-painting class
  • Visit 6 of the continents
  • Attend an opera (I''m embarrassed that I've haven't done this yet)
  • Attend an Olympic Opening Ceremony
  • Save a life (in a way other than by donating blood)
  • Go to hair school (Yes I want to be like Audrey and Andrea)
  • Read Les Miserables (unabridged)
  • Run a marathon (I think I will try the half first though this fall in Park City)
  • Learn how to ski (It’s sad to have lived in Utah all of your life and only gone skiing once)
  • Build a tree house
  • Go sailing in a sail boat (is it considered "sailing" if it isn't in a sail boat?)
  • Serve a medical mission
  • Sleep in a snow cave
  • Learn how to do Family History (I realize I should know this by now, but I don't)
  • Visit all of the temples in Utah
  • Live in Boston
  • Eat at least 5 fruits and vegetables every day
  • Rollerblade 26.2 miles (you up for it Kathleen?)
  • Learn how to eat in public with chopsticks
  • Visit Jerusalem

Well, that is probably it for the night. I'm sure I will have things to add, and hopefully soon, I will have things to move over to the "accomplished" column.

1 comment:

Becca's Blog said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Just wait until all the Furness family finds out about your blog...the pressure will be on to produce lots of posts. I hope you're up for it!

I like your list of things to do. We share a lot of common things on our to do lists so maybe we can get some of them done together.