Monday, February 23, 2009

A First

Well this is going to be a 5-minute post because I have like no time for this kind of business today. But I did want to highlight a moment of real history making in my little life. Today. . . I went to J-Dawgs for the FIRST time, well for the first time that I actually ate anything there! Pretty amazing, huh? I have lived in Provo for basically all of my life, (5 years spent in distant Orem, Utah) and at the age of 23 just had my first J-Dawg. Yep.
As some of you may recall, ever since we talked hot dogs in Mr. Lockwood's 8th grade science class and even worse, when we talked about the book The Jungle in Mr. Smith's class in high school, I have never really been able to enjoy hot dogs or really even swallow them. But today, I got an invitation, and I figured that it was time to do the deed.
I ordered a beef "dawg" with "special sauce" and banana peppers and. . . I LIKED it! Seriously. I mean, I don't think I need to go there and get one every week, but I could go back and enjoy myself again. Amazing! I'm really growing up. Hot dogs this week, who knows what I will try next week!!!!

4 comments:

alexandria said...

Im glad you went to J-dawgs! I am the same way: I dont really care for hot dogs but I love an occasional J-dawg! Who was this lunch date with?!

Andrea said...

One should never think too much when eating a hot dog. I'm glad you enjoyed J-dawgs, and the special sauce with banana peppers is for sure the way to go.

Erin said...

Jam? Mint chocolate chip ice cream? The possibilities are endless! But I really am proud of you, because I feel you on the no hot dogs. I made Chris watch the "How It's Made" for hot dogs hoping that would make him never want to get them and it didn't work.

But a J-Dawg is a special kind of hot dog. It's not gross. It's delicious. And the bun is delicious. And my goodness, the special sauce. I LOVE the special sauce.

kate said...

I don't think I will ever live down the mint chocolate chip ice cream face will I? Sorry Ki!