Saturday, June 13, 2009

I hate when I do stupid things

So I am sick today. I have actually been sick with a nasty cough and congestion for over a week, but refused to let it really slow me down. I didn't feel too bad this morning--tired, but not bad. I got up and ran, came back, showered and headed over to the parents' place to do some work for them. I haven't had much of an appetite all week but especially not today. I only had eaten like two little oatmeal cookies and a string cheese by 3 o'clock when I left my parents' house. Driving home, I found myself falling asleep at the wheel (it's only like 1 mile I know!). I was supposed to be at work at the MTC at 5 so I showered, and after, I was so tired that I decided to lay down for a few minutes. I only was able to sleep for like 15 minutes and then I decided I had better get up and get something to eat and finish getting ready before I had to take off.
So I went out to the kitchen, put some water on to boil, talked to my roommate Shar for a minute and then headed back to the bathroom to dry my hair. At this point, I started to get really light headed and I couldn't even stand in one place to dry my hair without swaying around like I was about to pass out or fall over. I didn't have a lot of time so I just kept trying to dry my hair. Next thing I know, I am running into the bathroom and am sitting on the floor and emptying what little I had eaten throughout the day. I had to call in sick obviously to the MTC which I felt SUPER bad about because my missionaries have already had subs almost every day this week for their other teacher, but there was no way I could go, so what are you going to do.
Anyway, the point is: I hate when I do stupid things. I don't know if any of you remember or read the post I put up about http://doihavetheswineflu.com/ only to come home and find that my own workplace was inundated with real cases of the H1N1 itself. I don't really think that I have the swine flu, especially because I haven't ever had a fever, and am actually running a low temp but it still makes me regret and feel stupid about mocking the swine flu when now I myself am somewhat wondering if I will become a victim to it. I hope that someday I will learn not to mock silly things because they always seem to come back and bite me in the end.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That really is amazing.

Jordan totally had it. We didn't go to the doctor or anything, but what other flu viruses are going around these days? Plus one of the kids at the treatment center where he works had it. But he's totally fine now, and Ryan and I have been fine too.

I'm sorry your sick though, and I am so jealous of all your trips. I want to go to Mount Rushmore too, but with a baby and everything it probably wouldn't really work out. Dang kid.

Tay said...

Yup, totally had the flu this past week and, like Jordan & Andrea, have decided that it could only be the swine flu. Process of elimination. I figured that if I could fight it off and not get worse, it didn't warrant a visit to the doctor. THank you, DayQuil. I think I got it from the airplane or from phoenix or both. Or my sister? Whatevs.

I hope that your illness does not last long.

kate said...

I finally dropped my pride and went in to the doctor's today and the final winner is: bronchitis.